ClickBank is the most valuable place where you can set up your career as an affiliate marketer. There are so many products are available on ClickBank and so many affiliates are working on each product. Now the question is that how can we select the product in this competition? Yes, it is very difficult to select a product from which you can earn more commissions. In this tutorial we will go through some steps to find the most suitable keywords for our product to promote on ClickBank.
What is keyword Research?
What is a keyword? Keyword is the word which a user type on a search engine to find the results. For example if you write ‘ClickBank’ in Google search engine, then what happened, you will find the required result i.e. ClickBank website. It means that a single word or a couple of words can give you the required result. This is the basic idea of keyword research that you have to find those keywords which will pinpoint a user towards your ClickBank product. I want to share a tip that always selects those keywords which have good monthly searches and low competition. There are many tools in use to find keywords but most of them are paid so we will use Google Keyword Tool to find the keywords for our ClickBank product.
Broad, Exact and Phrase Match
On left side of Google Keyword Tool you will find three match types i.e. Broad, Exact and Phrase. In last tutorial we have learned some strategies to select some products on ClickBank marketplace. Now if you have selected a product then write some related keywords in ‘word or phrase’ box, write the captcha code and press ‘search’. If you write keyword ‘make money online’ on Google keyword tool and select ‘Broad’ search then results will be 823,000. It means that 823,000 websites may have full or a part of that keyword. If you select ‘Exact’ search then results would be 110,000 and in case of ‘Phrase’ search results would be 368,000. You can see the difference between three types of searches. We will do the ‘Broad’ search because a normal user will always make a broad search. Now follow the steps and start your keyword research for your desired ClickBank product.
Steps to select keywords for ClickBank Product
- Open Google and write ‘ Google Adwords keyword tool’
- Open Google Adwords Keyword Tool
- Write down your keyword(s) for the ClickBank product you selected
- Select ‘Broad’ and press Search
- Save first 100 results and download them into a ‘csv’ file
- Open Microsoft Excel file (csv) and delete all columns except A, B & C
- Then go to Data – Sort By – Global Monthly Searches – Descending Order
- Then delete all searches less than 3000 / month
- Take the keywords one by one and put them in Google Search bar with quotation marks (Phrase Search)
- Select the keywords which have searches up to 20,000 or less
- You have to find five or seven good keywords to write articles on your ClickBank product
- Select the best keyword to buy a domain for your ClickBank product
- That’s it
The question arises why we have to buy a domain name for your ClickBank product? The basic reason is that after selecting good keywords you have to write and submit articles on your ClickBank product on Ezinearticles and other article directories. These directories do not allow pasting your ClickBank product link directly; therefore a domain name is necessary for that purpose. It hardly cost 10$ for whole year. There are some other ways to find the keyword and we will discuss it in a separate tutorial. The above method is also very effective in keyword research. The thumb rule is;
Select the keyword which has Global Monthly Searches not less than 3000 / month and Phrase searches less than 20,000